The Aro Valley Community Centre and Share Shack are closed for business until further notice from 23\03\2020 due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Our Staff are still working remotely and are available via email.
Please contact email@example.com if you require any assistance, or have any questions.
AVCC is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our users and our community, and as such are complying with the Wellington City Council order to close.
Staff are liaising with WCC officials and the Student Volunteer Army to co-ordinate a plan to support the Aro Valley Community though these unique and distressing times.
We strongly advise everyone to take this situation seriously and follow government advice around personal hygiene. If you show any symptoms of COVID-19, we ask that you look after yourself and everybody else by self isolating.
We always want to provide the community hall as a safe space for our whānau in times of unrest — but as much as anyone else, we have a responsibility to limit potential spread.
At this stage, we are getting new information every day around safety protocol. We will keep you updated as things develop.
Preventative Measure to practice include
- Washing hands with soap and water for 20 seconds before and after eating, after helping children blow their noses, as well as after attending the toilet.
- Covering coughs and sneezes with clean tissues or with an elbow. Followed up with washing of the hands, and sometimes the arms, for 20 seconds using soap and water.
- Putting used tissues in the bin.
- Not touching eyes, nose or mouth if hands are not clean.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as doorknobs.
In the interim, please look over our existing Emergency Response protocol, and if you have any concerns or wish to offer assistance email firstname.lastname@example.org
ARO VALLEY COMMUNITY EMERGENCY HUB PROTOCOL