Welcome to the Te Upoko O Te Ika (TUI) Climate Community- a physical and online space to connect, collaborate, share information, and provide a hub and point of contact for the public; and to overall build a stronger climate community!
We are here to bring you information about what’s going on and how you can get involved in campaigns, online events, and local / central government lobbying.
· Monthly social events to connect groups working across on climate and environmental issues in Wellington
· An accessible physical space to provide information about all the different groups and campaigns, with assistance to help interested public find where they can fit in the climate space
· A platform to share skills and resources
· Free meeting space for climate groups
Aro Resilience Hub:
Info for groups:
If you’d like your group represented on our wall and website, here’s what we need:
· Some brief information about your group (or make a poster we can put on the wall)
· Directions and contact details for how people can join your groups
· (Optional) a more specific list of “vacancies” – what skills are you missing? And / or a “to do list” of specific tasks that people can do to help you out.
Info for individuals:
We host weekly free “drop in” sessions where you can come in and see us, and we can help you figure out how you can get involved; whether its tree planting, political lobbying, direct action, research, or dozens of other ways you are needed! Feel free to send us a message or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
We want the Tui Climate Community to evolve to fit however works best, and however it can to maximise what groups will get out of it. If you would like to be involved in the organising group, would like to plan one of the monthly events, host a drop-in session, have ideas on how you would like the hub used, or any other thoughts on how this could be useful, please get in touch!
And, of course, we want this space to be as welcoming and inclusive as possible. This is a community that will evolve and grow, and for this to work we invite collaboration, feedback and ideas.
@ClimateTui on Twitter!